2021 is over, it is time for a recap. I was not sure if I should share this or not, but here is one for openness, honesty and transparency. It is mostly personal so feel free to skip this.
- I got few Oracle certifications, I am very proud of several of them
- I got few agile certifications, I value the product ownership the most and highly recommend it to everyone, it improved my approach to many things
- I got two interesting job offers from Oracle, but I didn't follow through, I should have
- I got a lovely recommendation from Steven Feuerstein after he did a review of my code, which itself was an achievement
- I got promoted to a Lead developer (a bit overdue and without a pay raise)
- I continued to share my knowledge through this blog and got to the top 100 Oracle blogs, I have a big plans and many articles forming up
- my 1st daughter health is slowly improving
- my 2nd daughter was born almost 3 months ago and she is healthy
- I started trading on Binance and didn't lost everything
- I redesigned and remodelled our kitchen
Some failures and sadness
- I failed Oracle DBA certification
- I failed at my plan to get many OCI certifications (and for free), I got just the easiest one
- I failed the PSPO III exam, I got 82% instead of 85%
- I didn't got enough time and energy to pursue IIBA certifications
- I quit the MBA school (again)
- I didn't exercise as much as I should
- my 2nd son got a ASD diagnosis
- my dog died few weeks ago, after 14+ years together
- I failed to teach my wife Photoshop
How was your year?
If you want to connect with me, I am on LinkedIn. I just don't accept empty and business profiles. You can certainly raise your odds with personalised message.