Oracle 23c Free is out. I am so excited about this, because it is marking a great shift. Usually we got just few new features and improvements after several years of waiting. Now it seems like it is more focused on the developers. A huge improvements, released firstly to developers and later to customers. Exciting.
What to love?
- Boolean data types in SQL (finally)
- Aliases in GROUP BY and HAVING clauses
- Conditional DDL (IF NOT EXIST)
- Simplified data creation
- End of DUAL, I will miss this little quirk
- SQL subtypes (domains)
- and huge JSON improvements
You can check Tim Hall's articles on 23c.