I have been consulting on some interviews lately and I want to share some questions I ask APEX developers.
First of all I think SQL and PL/SQL is a crutial stepping stone to the APEX world, so you can explore some SQL and PL/SQL questions in the older article and here are some updates to the basic concepts questions:
- Can FK contains NULL values?
- Explain the autonomous transaction.
- What is the advantage of compound trigger?
- What is view with the CHECK OPTION?
- How can you rollback a transaction after the DDL statement?
- Can you do DML operations on a view?
- How to solve the mutating table error?
- What is a deadlock?
- Explain difference between NLV, NVL2, NULLIF and COALESCE.
- How to handle duplicate rows exception during INSERT?
- How can you refactor query from Oracle JOIN sytax to ANSI syntax?
- What is a whitelisting in PL/SQL?
And now to the APEX questions, they are about basic concepts, performance, security and clean code:
- What you have to do to make new IG editable?
- How many columns you have available to adjust page layout?
- How do you proceed when you want a two pages/regions share exactly the same query?
- When you create a chart with multiple series, where will you put the query?
- Where you can and where you should store custom CSS/JS?
- How do you proceed when a page is slow?
- What is debug mode 9?
- How can you add message to the APEX debug log from PL/SQL?
- In which view we can see APEX debug messages?
- In which view we can see APEX page items?
- How can you get and set page item values from PL/SQL?
- How can you filter report/grid on page load programatically?
- How can you use the APEX_COLLECTIONS?
- What does #TIMING# on a region?
- What are plugins in APEX and whar are the plugin types?
- What is the difference between PUT and POST REST method?
- Have you created unit tests for APEX app?
- Explain best practices for APEX developers.
- How can you load CSV, JSON and XML files to table by using APEX API?
- How can you evaluate auth scheme on individual page components?
- How can you move the app to a different environment?
- What skills are required for APEX developers?
Good luck on your interview.